AGYA Alumni Jointly building bridges into the future
AGYA makes science transnational and mobile.
During my tenure as an AGYA member from 2014 to 2019, I was involved in four AGYA Working Groups: Energy, Water and Environment (EWE); Innovation; Arab and German Education; and Health and Society. In collaboration with my fellow AGYA members, I successfully designed and implemented many projects investigating the effects of natural products made from isolating the edible parts of date palm trees, and projects developing organic dyes based on the scaffolding of natural products to enhance sunlight absorption for solar cell and bio-imaging applications. Through AGYA’s research mobility programme, my lab at Sultan Qaboos University (SQU) in Oman has successfully sent and received international Ph.D. students to and from Germany and other countries. I was also honoured to host the 2019 AGYA international workshop on ‘Natural Product Chemistry’ at SQU.
- AGYA Publications
- Preventive and Therapeutic Effects of Silybum marianum Seed Extract Rich in Silydianin and Silychristin in a Rat Model of Metabolic Syndrome
- Anthraquinone Dyes: A Synthetic and Chemical Characterization Protocol for an Industrial Chemistry Laboratory Course
- Electron transfer from a new chalcone dye to TiO2 nanoparticles: Synthesis, photophysics, and excited-state dynamics
- Steady-state spectroscopy and ultrafast dynamics of flavylium derivatives in the red spectral region
- Synthesis and Antimicrobial Activity of New Benzimidazole derivatives Bearing Five-Membered Heterocyclic Moieties
- Recent Advances in Microwave-Assisted Copper-Catalyzed Cross-Coupling Reactions
- 3-(2-Carboxyethyl)indole-2-carboxylic Acid Derivatives: Structural Requirements and Properties of Potent Agonists of the Orphan G Protein-Coupled Receptor GPR17
- Antithrombotic P2Y12 Receptor Antagonists: Recent Developments in Drug Discovery
- Synthesis, Antimicrobial Evaluation and Docking Study of Novel 3,5- Disubstituted-2-Isoxazoline and 1,3,5-Trisubstituted-2-Pyrazoline Derivatives
- Development of Anthraquinone Derivatives as Ectonucleoside Triphosphate Diphosphohydrolase (NTPDase) Inhibitors With Selectivity for NTPDase2 and NTPDase3
- Microwave-Assisted Palladium-Catalyzed Cross-Coupling Reactions: Generation of Carbon–Carbon Bond
- Antifibrotic and Tumor Microenvironment Modulating Effect of Date Palm Fruit (Phoenix dactylifera L.) Extracts in Pancreatic Cancer
- Date Palm Tree (Phoenix dactylifera L.): Natural Products and Therapeutic Options
- My Commitment to AGYA
- Selection Committee 'New AGYA Members' 2014-2019
My advice to future AGYA members
Enjoy being an AGYA member: work, collaborate, network and make new friends.