Lalla Btissam Drissi
AGYA Alumni Jointly building bridges into the future
In the framework of AGYA, Samir Lounis and I were able to establish sustainable scientific collaboration between our respective institutes in Morocco and Germany in the highly competitive field of nanomaterial research. This knowledge exchange has significantly boosted our research capacities in Rabat
As a Moroccan research physicist, AGYA has given me an excellent opportunity to promote my academic activities and enrich my research through interdisciplinary perspectives. Through AGYA, I have been able to develop a large Arab-German network in my field of study that includes not only AGYA members and alumni, but also other experts and outstanding researchers from the Arab world and Germany. This network has enhanced my Moroccan university and research team’s ability to cooperate with other researchers and institutions across borders, and has provided us with opportunities to develop innovative joint research projects and collaborative interdisciplinary activities aimed at transferring knowledge.
Participation in AGYA activities has allowed me to share my vision and exchange ideas with diverse participants and audiences. Together with my colleagues in AGYA’s Working Group on Energy, Water and Environment, I have coordinated four international workshops and conferences in Morocco that have provided interesting interdisciplinary platforms for presenting recent advances and research results. In a project developed for the 2018 AGYA Idea Competition, I had the chance to discover and support emerging talents across a wide range of disciplines, from engineering to the social and natural sciences, as well as economics and the liberal arts.
- AGYA Publications
- Metaheuristic-based Decision Maker Framework for the Development of Multispectral IGZO Thin-film Phototransistors
- Thermo-mechanical response of pristine and defective 2D hexagonal boron oxide
- Electron–phonon Dynamics in 2D Carbon Based-hybrids XC (X= Si, Ge, Sn)
- Spontaneous and Externally Driven Quantum Spin Fluctuations of 3d and 4d Single Atoms Adsorbed on Graphene
- Halogenation of SiC for Band-gap Engineering and Excitonic Functionalization
- My Commitment to AGYA
- Former Member in Charge of the Working Group 'Energy, Water, and Environment' 2017-2018
- Task Force: Sophie-Charlotte Salon, Selection Committee for New AGYA Members, AGYA Annual Conference
- Selection Committee “New AGYA Members” 2015-2018