Call for Participation
Are you curious how to successfully organise the transition from student life to academic and professional life? Are you eager to improve your marketability skills and increase your chances for employability? Do you wish to connect with scholars and fellow graduate students from other countries and disciplines and learn more about the growing importance of interdisciplinarity?
The workshop and training aim at enhancing your practical skills and increasing your capacity to compete in industry as well as academia at national and international levels. The training has a hybrid character: an online workshop with input lectures and panel discussions is combined with an intensive on-site training course and will be conducted by high-ranking professional trainers and speakers. Workshop and training are open for STEM graduates from Egypt, Libya, Palestine and other neighboring Arab countries. After the success of the 1st edition of the ‘Practical Training on Academic and Professional Skills’ in 2021, we are delighted to continue this format and extend the chance for more students to participate in the 2nd edition.
What to achieve?
We will make you ready for the fast-evolving academic and professional labour market and equip you with essential soft and social skills, such as:
- Enhancement of marketability skills
- Interview skills and résumé writing
- Scholarship application strategies
- Research skills and academic career
- Leadership and entrepreneurial skills
Workshop and training are open for STEM graduates from Egypt, Libya, Palestine and other neighboring Arab countries. English and Arabic will be the working language.
Eligible participants have/are:
- a STEM background (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- preferably graduated or almost graduated from universities in Egypt, Palestine, Libya or neighboring Arab countries
- a very good command of English,
- exceptionally motivated to actively contribute to the online workshop
The online workshop is followed by intensive on-site training courses for selected participants at the premises of the Nile University (NU) in Giza, the Islamic University of Gaza (IUG), the Palestine Polytechnic University (PPU) in Hebron, and the University of Benghazi. Travel and accommodation costs can be covered partly for participants with long travel distances.
- Academy of Scientific Research and Technology (ASRT), Egypt
- Islamic University of Gaza (IUG), Palestine
- Nile University (NU), Egypt
- Palestine Polytechnic University (PPU), Palestine
- University of Benghazi, Libya
The project is supported by the Egyptian Young Academy of Sciences (EYAS) and the Palestine Young Academy (PYA).
How to apply?
Interested candidates are invited to apply until 17 Sep 2022 by filling this Google form and submitting the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Motivation letter including a short description of own research project (max. one page)
If you disagree to use Google forms, please download this form, fill it and submit with your updated CV via email to agya.contest(at)gmail.com using the subject “Application Practical Training AGYA”. All applications will be evaluated by a scientific committee. The selected candidates will be notified by 20 Sep 2022.
|17 September||Submission deadline|
|20 September||Notification of accepted participants|
|24 - 26 September||Online Workshop|
|October||On-Site Training Courses in Cairo, Hebron, Gaza, Benghazi|