AGYA Alumni Jointly building bridges into the future
AGYA is an amazing platform for connecting with colleagues from different disciplines. The exchanges I have had with fellow AGYA members from the humanities, arts, life sciences, technical sciences, and social sciences have enriched my research and professional trajectory. I especially loved the training courses AGYA provided to help us develop our skills.
I am proud to have been part of AGYA’s inaugural cohort in 2013 and greatly enjoyed contributing to the set-up of AGYA’s regulations and initial working group structures. During my time in the Academy, I have worked with German and Arab colleagues on several topics, but those closest to my heart have involved youth and women’s empowerment, particularly in the agricultural sector. AGYA has really opened doors for me to collaborate across disciplines and borders, giving me invaluable opportunities to develop and implement my ideas, visions and projects in the framework of Arab-German and Arab-Arab research cooperation with real scientific and societal impact. AGYA also helped me explore other sides of my professional personality; enriching trainings and networking events have boosted my capabilities as a woman researcher, leader, and ambassador of science and culture. As an AGYA alumna, I continue to be an enthusiastic ambassador for AGYA and enjoy continuing to work with and support the next generations of AGYA members as this excellent network continues to grow.
- AGYA Publications
- Improving Environmental Stress Resilience in Crops by Ǵenome Editing: Insights From Extremophile Plants
- Plant Growth-Promoting Rhizobacteria Alleviate High Salinity Impact on the Halophyte Suaeda fruticosa by Modulating Antioxidant Defense and Soil Biological Activity
- The Diversity of Quinoa Morphological Traits and Seed Metabolic Composition
- Female Voices from the Field. Success Stories of Women’s Empowerment in Agriculture
- Higher Education in Tunisia: Challenges and Opportunities
- My Commitment to AGYA
- Former AGYA Alumni Co-Speaker 2019-2021
- Former Member of the AGYA Steering Committee 2016–2017
- Former Member in Charge of the Working Group 'Energy, Water and Environment', 'Common Heritage and Common Challenges', 'Innovation' and 'Arab and German Education'
My advice to future AGYA members
You are lucky to be part of such an exceptional network and platform. Enjoy the connections and think outside of the box for your project ideas. There is no better place to learn and explore than within AGYA.
On a personal note
Must read in my discipline:
Physicochemical and Environmental Plant Physiology by Park Nobel
"حدث أبو هريرة قال" and "الدقلة في عراجينها"
Best thinker/scientist from my country: