The International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (ICEEIT) in Libya provides a unique forum for the exchange of research findings to overcome challenges in the electrical, electronics, communications, and information technology research that Libya, the region, and countries worldwide are facing. One of the main objectives is to encourage distinguished young researchers to present their research and publish their findings in an international environment.
Initiating international networks to jointly address shared challenges
ICEEIT 2021 gathered more than 100 researchers from Libya in the regional hub in Benghazi and many others virtually. Participants from Algeria, Germany, Libya, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and Tunisia shared their visions and ideas, exchanged on the latest advances, and expanded their professional and social networks. The AGYA Working Group Innovation organized the participation of AGYA members and alumni in the conference and supported the event and the publication of the conference proceedings in the ACM Digital Library within its International Conference Proceedings Series.
Are social robots and quantum materials the future? AGYA members give insights
Two keynote speeches of AGYA members Prof. Dr. Oliver Korn, ‘Towards the Plateau of Productivity: Social Robotics on the Rise’ and Dr. Mahmoud Abdel-Hafiez, ‘Engineering Quantum Materials for Energy Relevant Technology’ opened the conference. Both presentations are available on AGYA’s YouTube Channel. More presentations can be viewed here.
The ICEEIT has been initiated in 2020 by the Faculty of Engineering and the Faculty of Information Technology at the University of Benghazi, alongside with the Faculty of Information Technology at the Libyan International Medical University, the College of Electrical and Electronics Technology, and the Authority of Natural Science Research and Technology with the support of Tatweer Research Company.
The conference topics are, among others:
- Electrical power systems engineering
- Advanced learning technology
- Communication systems engineering
- Renewable energies and their applications
- Computer and information technology
- Big data
- Security systems
- Artificial intelligence
- Cloud computing
- Health informatics
The selected publications are available now and can be found here.
Media Coverage (in Arabic)
By the TV station Libya Mostakbal (قناة ليبيا المستقبل):
- The University of Benghazi organizes the Second Conference of Electrical Engineering, 30.10.2021
(جامعة بنغازي تنظم المؤتمر الثاني للهندسة الكهربائية)
- The continuation of the activities of the Second Conference on Electrical Engineering, 31.10.2021
(استمرار فعاليات المؤتمر الثاني الهندسة الكهربائية)
- Disciplines Involved
- Engineering, Artificial Intelligence Research, Renewable Energy, Computer Sciences, Big Data, Health Informatics
- Cooperation Partner
- University of Benghazi, Libya
- 30 - 31 October 2021
- Online & University of Benghazi, Benghazi, Libya
- Project Title
- International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (ICEEIT)
- Funding Scheme
- Working Group Meeting
- Working Group
- Countries Involved
- Libya, Germany, Algeria, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia
Keynotes on Social Robots & Quantum Materials
Watch the keynotes ‘Towards the Plateau of Productivity: Social Robotics on the Rise’ by AGYA member Prof. Dr. Oliver Korn and ‘Engineering Quantum Materials for Energy Relevant Technology’ by AGYA member Dr. Mahmoud Abdel-Hafiez which were presented during the opening of ICEEIT 2021.