Call for Participation
The upcoming AGYA Winter School on Quantum Materials for Energy and Environment Relevant Technologies, collaboratively organized by the Arab-German Young Academy of Sciences and Humanities (AGYA) and hosted by Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar, seeks to offer Arab and German students with a unique opportunity to explore the fascinating world of quantum materials and energy technologies.
It is designed with the purpose of promoting both theoretical and experimental research in the field of advanced quantum materials and their applications in energy-related domains. Through a carefully curated curriculum, participants will explore the fundamental principles, potential applications, and the latest advancements in this dynamic scientific field.
The Winter School will take place in Education City of Doha, a vibrant campus and hub of knowledge exchange in Qatar. High-ranking international speakers and trainers, among them AGYA members and alumnae/i, will train the participants in the highly innovative field of Materials for Energy Technologies.
The event is open for graduate students from various disciplines in the technical sciences and natural science with a particular research interest in new materials used in energy technologies. In a poster presentation, the participating students have the opportunity to present their research to an expert audience and to exchange research ideas related to materials for energy technologies.
The Winter School provides the participants with the following cutting-edge theoretical and methodological knowledge on research of innovative materials as well as with aspects of outreach and science communication:
- Material development for energy systems,
- Working principles of various energy systems,
- Design of energy aterials from a theoretical point of view,
- Outreach and science communication: Working outside the lab.
Eligible for participation are graduate students:
- with a background in the natural sciences and technical sciences, conducting a research project related to materials and energy technologies,
- graduated between 2019 and 2023 (Master student level or early PhD stage),
- from a university/research institution in Germany or any Arab country,
- with a very good command of English.
Full text of the call:
How to apply?
Please submit the following documents in English in one PDF file:
- Curriculum vitae (not more than two pages)
- Abstract for poster presentation (max. of 1000 words)
- Motivation letter (not more than one page)
- Copy of Bachelor/Master degree certificates
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application in English until 15 September 2023 to winterschool(at)agya.info.
- 15 September 2023:
- 30 September 2023:
Notification on selected applicants
- 2-3 December 2023:
Winter School in Qatar