Areas of Expertise:
Theory of Numbers: Modular Forms, Drinfeld Modules and Applications
At Texas A&M University I currently hold the position as Associate Professor of Mathematics. My main research interests are modular forms, elliptic curves, Drinfeld modules, special functions, and their interactions and applications. I am also very interested in promoting mathematical and scientific knowledge and activities for young students, teachers and the general community.
I expect to gain from the contact with our German counterparts in many areas; one specific example is the development of methods for introducing young Arab students to activities such as the International Mathematics Olympiad. Over the last five years, I have regularly participated in reach-out activities for students in the United States, Egypt, and Qatar.
- Member of the AGYA Working Group Arab and German Education, with emphasis on outreach activities to youth in math and science.
- Working with Prof. Mourad Ismail on grant NPRP 7-1360-1-254 on "Some Questions in Partitions, q-series and Asymptotics" by Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF).
|2012 -||Associate Professor of Mathematics, Cairo University; Egypt (currently on leave)|
|2010 -||Assistant Professor of Mathematics, Texas A&M University; Doha, Qatar|
|2006 - 2012 ||Lecturer of Mathematics, Cairo University; Egypt|
|2009 & 2010||Honorary Fellow, Math Department, University of Wisconsin-Madison; USA|
2004 - 2008
|Visiting Assistant Professor, Math Department, Texas A&M University, College Station; USA|
|2004||PhD in Mathematics (Number Theory), University of Wisconsin-Madison; USA|
|2004||M.S. in Electrical Engineering (Communications and Signal Processing), University of Wisconsin-Madison; USA|
|2003||M.A. in Mathematics, University of Wisconsin-Madison; USA|
- El-Guindy, A. & Petrov, A. (in preparation). Partial A-expansions and eigensystems of Drinfeld modular forms.
- Chang, C.-Y., El-Guindy, A. & Papanikolas, M. A. (in preparation). On log-algebraicity of rank 2 Drinfeld Modules.
- El-Guindy, A., (2014). Legendre Drinfeld Modules and Universal Supersingular Polynomials, International Journal of Number Theory 10(5): 1277-1289.
see a full list of publications>