Areas of Expertise:
Advanced Drug Delivery Technology, Nanotechnology, Cancer Targeted Delivery Systems, Photodynamic Therapy, Cosmeceuticals, Protein Delivery, Nanocomposites
I am Associate Professor and Researcher of Pharmaceutics and Industrial Pharmacy at Ain Shams University, Egypt. My research work mainly focuses on advanced technologies such as nanotechnology based drug carriers and composite delivery systems. I am currently investigating the possibilities to create novel carriers for treatment of diseases, mainly cancer and Alzheimer's.
Due to my association with international entities, such as the Africa Science Leadership Program and Next Einstein Forum, I developed a special interest in fostering responsible conduct of research in Arab institutions and the empowerment of women in science.
Leading different teams of researchers in several projects helped me realize the importance of the empowerment of young scientists. I think AGYA supports and opens new horizons for scientists like me. Furthermore, it offers the opportunity to interact with researchers of different disciplines and therefore extends my collaboration network as well as my experience and innovation potential.
- Member of the AGYA Working Group Health and Society
- Research team member in a project of the "Short term fellowship category" (Project ID 6087, code TC/14/STF/2013/6087) entitled "A pharmaceutical study on nebulizable delivery systems for pulmonary administration for treatment of lung cancer" in collaboration with the School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, University of Central Lancashire, United Kingdom, funded by Science and Technology Development Fund (STDF).
- Co-Principal Investigator in a project of "Basic and Applied Research category" (Project ID 5313) entitled “Design and molecular characterization of Nano/Micro-particulated immunogenic heat-stable enterotoxin of enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli for prevention of colibacillosis in newly born calves” funded by STDF, in collaboration with the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Assiut University.
- Team member in a project entitled "Effect of curcumin nanoparticles on brain injury in diabetic rats" funded by the National Research Center (NRC).
- Team member of a project entitled "Combating obesity complications using advanced drug delivery systems and nanotechnology for the purpose of enhancing therapeutic materials" funded by NRC in Egypt.
|2017 -||Associate Professor of Pharmaceutics and Industrial Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Ain Shams University (ASU); Cairo, Egypt|
|2015 - 2017||Part Time Lecturer, Faculty of Pharmacy, British University in Egypt; Cairo, Egypt|
|2015 - 2016||Honorary Visiting Scientist, Centre for Pharmaceutical Engineering Science, University of Bradford; United Kingdom|
|2014 - 2016||Part Time Lecturer, Faculty of Pharmacy, Misr International University; Cairo, Egypt|
|2012 - 2017||Lecturer of Pharmaceutics and Industrial Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmacy, ASU; Cairo, Egypt|
|2013||Postdoctoral Fellow, Division of Drug Delivery Technology, Academic Center for Drug Research, Leiden University; Netherlands|
|2012||PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of Pharmacy, ASU; Cairo, Egypt|
|2010 - 2011||Visiting Scientist and Researcher, School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, University of Central Lancashire; United Kingdom|
|2008 - 2012||Assistant Lecturer of Pharmaceutics and Industrial Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmacy, ASU; Cairo, Egypt|
|2008||MA in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of Pharmacy, ASU; Cairo, Egypt|
- Agiba, A. M., Abdel-Hamid, S., Nasr, M. & Geneidi A. S. (in press). Geriatric-oriented high dose nutraceutical ODTs: Formulation and Physicomechanical characterization, Current Drug Delivery.
- Ramzy, L., Nasr, M., Metwally, A. A. & Awad, G. A. S. (2017). Cancer nanotheranostics: A review of the role of conjugated ligands for overexpressed receptors. European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vol. 104, 273-292.
- Abdelgawad, R., Nasr, M., Moftah, N. H., Hamza, M. Y. (2017). Phospholipid membrane tubulation using ceramide doping “Cerosomes": characterization and clinical application in psoriasis treatment. European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vol. 101, 258-268.
see a full list of publications>