Computer Sciences, Engineering
Areas of Expertise:
Wireless Networks, Internet of Things, Distributed Systems, Communication Protocols, Mobile Computing, Smart Cities and Environments
I am Senior Research Scientist (Director of Research) at the Research Centre on Scientific and Technical Information (CERIST) in Algiers where I lead the Wireless Sensor Networking Group (WSN) and projects with international collaboration. My research interests include topics related to Internet of things and wireless networking, smart environments and green applications. These topics have several real world applications, but also require a high synergy from experts of different scientific fields who need to work together in multi-disciplinary projects. After I obtained my PhD in Computer Science from the University of Science and Technology (USTHB), Algeria, in 2007, I was granted a post-doctoral fellowship from the European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics (ERCIM). I participated in many international conferences worldwide and gave many keynotes and plenary-session talks. Through my research visits to many renowned universities, including the Swedish Institute of Computer Science (SICS), the University of Cape Town, the Technical University of Catalonia, Barcelona, the John Moores University, Liverpool, the Norwegian University of Technology (NTNU) and the University of Oxford, I constantly try to increase the visibility of Algeria in the international academic landscape.
Joining AGYA, an interdisciplinary academy is an opportunity to meet and work with experts from different fields in projects of mutual interest, and this will further contribute to my efforts.
- Member of the AGYA Working Groups Innovation & Energy, Water and Environment
- Principal Investigator (PI) of the project "Electrical Energy Consumption Control in Buildings Using Wireless Sensor Networks", a CERIST Internal Project in collaboration with the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
- PI (Algerian side) of the project: "Protocols for Environmental Energy Harvesting Enabled Wireless Sensor Networks"; a bilateral collaboration project with the University of Padova, Grant: AL16MO03, 2016-2018.
- Senior Member of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
|2015 -||Senior Research Scientist, Research Centre on Scientific and Technical Information (CERIST); Algiers, Algeria|
|2015 -||Adjunct Full Professor (part time), Blida University; Algeria|
|2011 - 2015||Adjunct Associate Professor (part time), Blida University, Algeria|
|2009 - 2015||Research Associate/Senior Researcher, CERIST; Algiers, Algeria|
|2008 - 2009||Postdoctoral Researcher, Norwegian University of Science and Technology; Trondheim, Norway|
|2007||PhD in Computer Science, University of Science and Technology Houari Boumedieen (USTHB), Algiers, Algeria|
|2003||Master in Computer Science, USTHB; Algiers, Algeria|
- Djenouri, D. & Bagaa, M. (2017). Energy-Aware Constrained Relay Node Deployment for Sustainable Wireless Sensor Networks, IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Computing, 2(1), 30-42.
- Djenouri, D. & Balasingham, I. (2011). Traffic-Differentiation-Based Modular QoS Localized Routing for Wireless Sensor Networks, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 10(6), 797-809.
- Djenouri, D., Khelladi, L. & Badache, N. (2005). Security Issues of Mobile Ad hoc and Sensor Networks, IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials Journal, 7(4), 2-29.
see a full list of publications>