Hassan Obaid Al-Mheiri
Areas of Expertise for Media Inquiries:
Computer Engineering, Computer Vision, Image Processing, Innovation, Engineering Education
Dr. Hassan Al-Mheiri is the Campus Director of Higher Colleges of Technology at Ras Al-Khaimah, UAE & Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering at the same institution since August 2016:
Previous to this I held the position of Director of Graduate Studies Office at Khalifa University and Assistant Professor at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering. My PhD in Electronic Systems Engineering as well as a MSc in E-commerce Technology, I received from the University of Essex, United Kingdom.
My research interest span the area of computer vision and image processing while also including high-level image understanding using Artificial Intelligence algorithms. Furthermore, I worked in curriculum development and teaching of Innovation and Entrepreneurship courses to Engineering students. Currently I am working on computer perception for robotics in search and rescue & elderly care applications.
- Member of the AGYA Working Groups Innovation & Arab and German Education
- Chair of IEEE Computer Chapter in UAE
- Member of the Innovation Taskforce at the Higher Colleges of Technology, UAE
- Muhra, A., Vu, Q., Asal, R., Yeun, C. Y. & Al-Muhairi, H. (2014). Lightweight secure storage model with fault-tolerance in cloud environment. IT Convergence and Security (S. Gritzalis, J. Zhan, and K. Jeong, eds.), Electronic Commerce Research, Springer Netherlands.
- AlMahmoud, A., Colombo, M., Yeun, C. Y. & Al-Muhairi, H. (2014). Secure Communication Protocol for Real-time Business Process Monitoring. Int. J. Internet Technol. Secur. Syst., 12/2014.
- Taha, K., Al Homouz, D. M., Al-Muhairi, H., Al Mahmoud, Z. (2013). GRank: a middleware search engine for ranking genes by relevance to given genes. BMC Bioinformatics, 14:251.