Areas of Expertise for Media Inquiries:
Combustion, Renewable Energy
I am an Associate Professor in Mechanical Engineering at the American University of Ras al Khaimah. My research relates to combustion, energy and renewable energy, especially emission reduction using electric fields. I have a broad background and interests within the area of renewable Energy. My most recent work deals with gas engines, solar cooling, solar ponds and diesel engine exhaust gas reduction using limestone.
My research visits to Germany have shown me the importance of exchange in encouraging efficient and effective work. Within the AGYA I plan on implementing social sciences in increasing the awareness of energy and environment; and projects on renewable and clean energy in the Arab World including its socioeconomic aspects.
- Member of the AGYA Working Group Energy, Water and Environment
- MANSUR: The goal is to establish a Master program on renewable and sustainable energy in the University of Jordan. The project is funded by EU in cooperation with Italy, Sweden and UK universities.
- MAPEC: The project is concerned with establishing a master program in Global warming. (The University of Jordan is the grand holder). The project is funded by EU in cooperation with Germany, Austria, Portugal
- SMOT: The project aims at identifying, exchanging, testing and sharing feasible waste management models in old towns/medinas; as well as to develop policy guidelines on the topic and achieve widespread dissemination, integrating the results achieved into regional/local policies throughout the Mediterranean Basin. The Project is funded by EU in cooperation with Spain, Italy, Tunisia and Egypt.
|2015 -||Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, American University of Ras al Khaimah; UAE|
|2014 - 2015
||Chairman of the Mechanical Engineering Department, the University of Jordan (UoJ); Amman, Jordan|
|2012 - 2015
||Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, UoJ; Amman, Jordan|
|2009 - 2012||Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, UoJ; Amman, Jordan|
|2007 - 2009||Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering Department, the Hashemite University; Zarqa, Jordan|
|2006 - 2007||Lecturer, Jordan Academy for Maritime Studies; Amman, Jordan|
|2006 - 2007||Part-time Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering Department, the Hashemite University; Zarqa, Jordan|
|2006||PhD in Mechanical Engineering (Combustion), Lehrstuhl für Technische Thermo-dynamik Friedrich-Alexander Universität; Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany|
|1998 - 2002||Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering Department, UoJ; Amman, Jordan|
|1997 - 1998||Part-time Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering Department, UoJ; Amman, Jordan|
|1997||M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, UoJ; Amman, Jordan|
- Sakhrieh, A., Abu-Nada, E., Akash, B., Al-Hinti, I., Al-Ghandoor, A. (2010). Performance of Diesel Engine using Gas Mixture with Variable Specific Heats Model, Journal of the Energy Institute, 83, 217-224.
- Sakhrieh, A. (2012). Experimental Study on Exhaust Gas after Treatment using Limestone, Thermal Science, 17(1), 49-56.
- Sakhrieh, A., Al-Ghandoor, A. (2013). Experimental Investigation of the Performance of Five Types of Solar Collectors, Energy Conversion and Management, 65, 715-720.