Areas of Expertise:
Network Security, Distributed Systems, Technology of Social Networks
I am Junior Professor and Head of the Laboratory for Technology of Social Networks at the Heinrich Heine University in Düsseldorf. My research focuses on secure and reliable protocols for distributed systems, novel concepts for social networking and and secure online democracy.
Through my Arab PhD students, I see the good impact we can have through international collaborations. I want to institutionalize and intensify this cooperation to improve the chances for collaborative research and for the students within their career. To enhance the productivity in universities, study programs between German and Arab universities should be harmonized in order to support student exchange.
With a strong background in the field of communication networks and expertise in various types of interdisciplinary research projects, I am looking forward to establish promising projects with partners from the Arab countries.
- Member of the AGYA Working Group Innovation
- Scholarship within the Iraqi-German MoHESR/DAAD Scholarship Program for a PhD Student. Project: Secure Communication over Dynamic Overlay Networks
- Principle Investigator in the NRW Fortschrittskolleg on "Online Participation", interdisciplinary graduate school funded by the state of North Rhine-Westphalia
- Active member in the Düsseldorf Institute for Internet and Democracy
|2012 -||Junior-Professor, heading the lab for Technology of Social Networks, Faculty of Computer Science, Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf; Germany|
|2014||Positive evaluation as Junior-Professor, equivalent to a habilitation|
|2011 - 2012||Senior Researcher (Post-doc) at the lab for Theory of Distributed Systems, Department of Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Mathematics, University of Paderborn; Germany|
|2006 - 2011||Researcher, Multimedia Communications Lab - KOM, TU Darmstadt, Academic Staff in the research group founded by the DFG (German Research Foundation); Germany|
|2010||Dr-Ing PhD, Technical University (TU) of Darmstadt; Germany|
|2006||Diploma in Mathematics (Dipl-Math, MSc equivalent), TU Darmstadt; Germany|
|2006||Diploma in Informatics (Dipl-Inform, MSc equivalent), TU Darmstadt; Germany|
- Goebel, N., Koegel, M., Mauve, M. & Graffi, K. (2014). "Trace-based Simulation of C2X-Communication using Cellular Networks", In IEEE/IFIP WONS’14: Proc. of the IEEE/IFIP Annual Conf. on Wireless On-demand Networks Systems and Services.
- Graffi, K., Gross, C., Stingl, D., Hartung, D., Kovacevic, A. & Steinmetz, R. (2011). LifeSocial. KOM: A secure and P2P-based solution for online social networks. Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC).
- Graffi, K., Stingl, D., Rückert, J., Kovacevic, A. & Steinmetz, R. (2009). Monitoring and management of structured peer-to-peer systems, IEEE Ninth International Conference on Peer-to-Peer Computing (P2P).
see a full list of publications>