Areas of Expertise for Media Inquiries:
Network Security, Distributed Systems, Technology of Social Networks
I am Junior Professor and Head of the Laboratory for Technology of Social Networks at the Heinrich Heine University in Düsseldorf. My research focuses on secure and reliable protocols for distributed systems, novel concepts for social networking and distributed markets in service-oriented architectures (all projects are available at www.tsn.hhu.de/en/research).
Through my Arab PhD students, I see the good impact we can have through international collaborations. I want to institutionalize and intensify this cooperation to improve the chances for collaborative research and for the students within their career. To enhance the productivity in universities, study programs between German and Arab universities should be harmonized in order to support student exchange.
With a strong background in the field of communication networks and expertise in various types of interdisciplinary research projects, I am looking forward to establish promising projects with partners from the Arab countries.
- Member of the AGYA Working Group Innovation
- Scholarship of the Ministry Of Higher Education & Scientific Research of Lybia for a PhD Student. Project: Security and Scalability of Overlay-enhanced Opportunistic Networks
- Scholarship within the Iraqi-German MoHESR/DAAD Scholarship Program for a PhD Student. Project: Secure Communication over Dynamic Overlay Networks
- Principle Investigator in the NRW Fortschrittskolleg on "Online Participation", interdisciplinary graduate school funded by the state of North Rhine-Westphalia
- Principle Investigator of the project "Decentralized Monitoring of large-scale Overlay Networks (OverlayMeter)” funded by the DFG
- Principle Investigator of the project "Convergence of Hierarchical Overlay Networks (OverConverge)” funded by the Strategic Research Fund of the Heinrich-Heine-University in Düsseldorf
- Active member in the DFG Sonderforschungsbereich 901 – "On-the-Fly Computing" funded by the German Research Foundation.
|2014||Positive evaluation as Junior-Professor, equivalent to a habilitation|
|2012 -||Junior-Professor, heading the lab for Technology of Social Networks, Faculty of Computer Science, Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf; Germany|
|2011 - 2012||Senior Researcher (Post-doc) at the lab for Theory of Distributed Systems, Department of Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Mathematics, University of Paderborn; Germany|
|2010||Dr-Ing PhD, Technical University (TU) of Darmstadt; Germany|
|2006 - 2011||Researcher, Multimedia Communications Lab - KOM, TU Darmstadt, Academic Staff in the research group founded by the DFG (German Research Foundation); Germany|
|2006||Diploma at Mathematics (Dipl-Math, MSc equivalent), TU Darmstadt; Germany|
|2006||Diploma at Informatics (Dipl-Inform, MSc equivalent), TU Darmstadt; Germany|
- Feldotto, M., Scheideler, C. & Graffi, K. (2014). "HSkip+: A Self-Stabilizing Overlay Network for Nodes with Heterogeneous Bandwidths", In IEEE P2P ’14: Proc. of the Int. Conf. on Peer-to-Peer Computing.
- Goebel, N., Koegel, M., Mauve, M. & Graffi, K. (2014). "Trace-based Simulation of C2X-Communication using Cellular Networks", In IEEE/IFIP WONS’14: Proc. of the IEEE/IFIP Annual Conf. on Wireless On-demand Networks Systems and Services.
- Janiuk, J., Mäcker, A. & Graffi, K. (2014). "Secure Distributed Data Structures for Peer-to-Peer-based Social Networks". In IEEE CTS’14: Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Collaboration Technologies and Systems.
see a full list of publications>