Areas of Expertise for Media Inquiries:
Plant Eco-Physiology, Plant-Biology, Vegetal Biology
I work as Biotechnologist at the International Center for Biosaline Agriculture, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE). My main research interests are Plant Eco-Physiology, Plant-Biology, Water Conservation, Soil Improvement, and Salinity Management.
During my higher education, I gained a lot of laboratory experience in chemistry, biology, and geology, both at labs and fields. My research stays abroad, e. g. in Gießen and Hannover, Germany, made me aware of how beneficial international scientific exchange can be.
- Member of the AGYA Working Groups Energy, Water and Environment; Common Heritage and Common Challenges & Innovation
- Coordinator of a project supported by United States Agency for International Development (USAID), implemented in UAE and Bahrain
- Coordinator of a project supported by the private sector and implemented in UAE
- Helping in the implementation of a project supported by the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST)
- Helping in the implementation of a project supported by Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF)
|2012 -||Biotechnologist, International Center for Biosaline Agriculture (ICBA); Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|2009 - 2012||Visiting Scientist, ICBA; Dubai, UAE|
|2008||PhD, Vegetal Biology, Faculty of Sciences of Tunis & National Institute of Scientific and Technique Research (NISTR); Tunisia|
|2008||Contractual Researcher, Center of Biotechnology, Technoparc of Borj-Cédria; Tunisia|
|2006 - 2007||Contractual Assistant, Center of Biotechnology, Technoparc of Borj-Cédria; Tunisia|
|2005||Contractual Assistant, NISTR; Tunisia|
|2002||Master Diploma, Vegetal physiology (Ecophysiology), Faculty of Sciences Tunis & NISTR; Tunisia|
|2001 - 2005||Contractual Researcher, NISTR; Tunisia|
|1999||Master Degree, Natural Science, Faculty of Sciences Tunis El Manar II Tunis; Tunisia|
- Mahmoudi, H., Koyro, H. W. & Chedly, A. (2013). “Iron is a limiting factor in photosynthesis”, 3rd Edition of the Handbook of Plant and Crop Physiology.
- Shahid, S. A., Abdefattah, M. A. & Mahmoudi, H. (2012). “Innovations in Soil Chemical Analyses-New ECs and Total Salts Relationship for Abu Dhabi Emirate Soils”, in: Shahid S. A. et al. (eds), Advances in Soil Classification, Land Use Planning and Policy Implication-Innovative Thinking of Resource Inventory for Sustainable Use and Management of Land Resources, 561-570.
- Shahid, S. A., Abdefattah, M. A. & Mahmoudi, H. (2010). Innovations in Soil Chemical Analyses-New ECe and Total Ions Relationship in Abu Dhabi Soil, International Conference on Soil Classification (ICSC, 2010), 17-19 May 2010, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
see a full list of publications>