Areas of Expertise:
Archaeological Science, North African Prehistory, Translation and Scientific Terminology in Arabic
I am a senior lecturer at the Department of Archaeology and the Director of the History, Heritage and Society Laboratory at the University of Constantine 2 in Algeria. I am currently a research associate at the National Centre of Research on Prehistory and Anthropology in Algiers.
My research focuses on the material culture of the earliest Homo sapiens in Algeria and North Africa and the impact of environmental shifts on human behaviour. I am interested in developing interdisciplinary methodologies to overcome the challenges of archaeological field research in my country and the Arab region. Thereby, I want to contribute to the preservation of archaeological sites, especially prehistoric remains.
Being an AGYA member is a superb opportunity for me to build partnerships with young scholars from Arab countries and Germany. I appreciate interacting and learning with fellow members who are interested in paleo-environmental and cultural issues in prehistory and heritage studies.
- Member of the AGYA Working Group Arab and German Education
- Member of the AGYA Working Group Common Heritage and Common Challenges
- Member of the AGYA Working Group Innovation
|2020||Director of History, Heritage and Society Laboratory (HIPASO), |
University of Constantine 2, Algeria
|2019 - 2020||Member of History, Heritage and Society Laboratory (HIPASO), |
University of Constantine 2, Algeria
|2019 - 2020||Senior Lecturer, Department of Archaeology, University of Constantine 2, Algeria|
|2019||Accreditation to supervise research, University of Algiers 2, Algeria|
|2017 - 2019||Lecturer, Department of Archaeology, University of Constantine 2, Algeria|
|2017||PhD in Prehistoric Archaeology, Institute of Archaeology, University of Algiers 2, Algeria|
|2016 - 2019||Head of Department of Archaeology, University of Constantine 2, Algeria|
|2012 - 2017||Assistant Lecturer, Department of Archaeology, University of Constantine 2, Algeria|
|2008 - 2020||Research Associate, National Centre of Researches in Prehistory Anthropology and |
History (CNRPAH), Algiers, Algeria
|2008 - 2011||Assistant head of Department of History, University of Mentouri, Constantine, Algeria|
|2007 - 2012||Assistant Lecturer, Department of History, University of Mentouri, Constantine, Algeria|
|2006||Magister in Prehistoric Archaeology, Institute of Archaeology, University of Algiers, Algeria|
- Bahra, N., Djerrab, A., Ruault - Djerrab, M., Semiane, K., Zedam, R. (2020). Middle Stone Age technology in Algeria: An application of techno-economic approach in understanding the Oued Bousmane site (Djebel Dyr), Quaternary International, 555, 33-46.
- Zedam, R., Djerrab, A., Ruault, Bahra, N. - Djerrab, M., Defaflia, N., Abdessadok S. (2019). Paleoenvironment and stratigraphy of the quaternary formations located in Oued Boussemane site, Ain Zerga locality, Tebessa, NE Algeria: Sedimentological and geochemical analysis, Journal of Water and Environmental Sciences, 3, 424 - 431.
- Bahra, N., Djerrab, A., Zedam, R., Abdessadok, S, Ruault-Djerrab, M., Defaflia, N. (2016). Etude préliminaire du site préhistorique d’Oued Boussemane (Wilaya de Tébessa, Algérie), AOURAS, 9, 103 - 124.
- Djerrab, A., Spassov, S., Defaflia, N., Hus, J., Abdessadok, S, Ruault-Djerrab, M., Ech-Chakrouni, S., Bahra, N. (2014). The Middle Palaeolithic site of Birzgane (Tebessa, Algeria): Rock magnetic property characterisation and past rainfall reconstruction, Quaternary International, 320, 69 - 85.
- Bahra, N. (2013). Tilleline ou l’art des Têtes rondes dans le piémont sud occidental du Tassili Azjer (Sahara central, Algérie), Bulletin du Musée d’anthropologie de Monaco, 53, 103 - 112.