Majid Al Busafi
Areas of Expertise:
Sport Sciences, Physical Education, Education, Humanities
I am an associate professor at the College of Education and the director of the Humanities Research Center at Sultan Qaboos University. I work in the fields of health and physical education. One focus of my research is investigating the effects of different types of aerobics exercise on total cholesterol levels. Moreover, I analyse the effectiveness of a specific kids training program for developing physical and perceptual skills.
AGYA offers me the opportunity to research in collaboration with scholars from different countries and disciplines. I appreciate the professional development events such as workshops and conferences run by AGYA, which present excellent occasions for mutual exchange.
- Member of the AGYA Working Group Arab and German Education
- Member of the AGYA Working Group Health and Society
|2020 -||Director of Humanities Research Center - Sultan Qaboos University|
|2018 -||Associate Professor - Sultan Qaboos University|
|2017 - 2018||Visiting Professor - Cardiff Metropolitan University - UK|
|2014 - 2017||Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Studies –College of Education|
- Sultan Qaboos University
|2012||Visiting Scholar – Spring Field College - US|
|2011 - 2018||Assistant Professor - Sultan Qaboos University|
|2007 - 2011||PhD -Faculty of Education, Birmingham University, UK|
|2004 - 2005||MA - Faculty of Education, Wollongong University, Australia.|
- AL Busafi, M.; Kashef N. Zayed and AL Hdabi, B. (2016). Attitudes of Pre-school Teachers towards Movement Education. Journal of Educational and Psychological Studies. 10-3-2016.
- AL-Busafi, M. (2013). Coach Education In Oman. International Sport Coaching Journal. 6 (1), Spring, Page: 43 - HUMAN KINETICS.
- AL-Busafi, M.; Zayed, K.; and Al- Kitani, M. (2013). Evaluation Of Talent Identification Methods For National Teams In The Sultanate Of Oman: Current Models And Future Directions. Gymnasium, Scientific Journal of Education, Sports, and Health. 1(14), Pages: 106 – 119.
- AL-Busafi, M.; Waly, W. and Al-Kilani, H. (2013) Nutritional Practices Of Athletes In Oman: A Descriptive Study. Oman Medical Journal. 28 (5). Pages: 360-364.
- AL-Busafi, M. (2012) MUSLIM WOMEN AND SPORT (Book Review) by Benn, T., Pfister, G., and Jawad, H. (eds,), Women’s Sports and Physical Activity Journal (WSPAJ). 21 (1), Spring, Page:84–85. HUMAN KINETICS.